Conveyancing is the legal process of transferring property (flats, houses, business premises) or land from one owner to another. A licensed conveyancer performs all the legal and administrative roles in this buying and selling process, from taking a client's initial instruction to exchanging contracts and completing the transaction. It is highly process-oriented, and each case sometimes brings its unique challenges.
A business foundation that can scale with AI
Post Chat GPT and in the age of AI, legal services need to think about how AI can augment skills. There is an opportunity to scale the business and drive more revenue.
Today’s AI can help automate routine tasks and streamline workflows in the legal industry, leading to increased efficiency and cost savings. Lawyers can focus more on clients when less time is spent on manual tasks and generating ideas from scratch.
Machine learning can check documents and recognize images to validate a client's identification and flag a fraudulent ID. Outsourcing this simple yet vitally important task to AI saves lawyers and compliance teams hours in administrative tasks.
Respond to Customers promptly, Even If They're Upset.
Buying or selling a house can be an increasingly stressful experience for many customers. Supporting customers throughout the journey while maintaining quality and consistency can be increasingly challenging.
Sometimes, mistakes do happen, and the experience falls below expected standards. But as long as the firm believes in openness and transparency and is ready to get things right, it makes a huge difference.
A negative customer review highlights a problem, whether that's a problem with your product, employees, or internal processes, and by hearing these problems directly from your customers, you can investigate and improve to prevent further negative reviews in the future.
A study by Harvard Business Review (https://shorturl.at/lRS14) found that customers who have a complaint handled in less than 5 minutes are willing to spend more on future purchases.
Furthermore, research finds that customers handling complaints quickly can become loyal customers and even brand advocates forever.
Meeting quality consistently
Legal services like conveyancing involve following pre-approved processes while reviewing lots of documentation. For example, a licensed conveyancer needs to have the
- Ability to explain technical, often legal, issues to a layperson
- Building solid relationships with your clients
- Effective organization and prioritization to manage multiple ongoing matters
- Ability to work under pressure
- Assertiveness and diplomacy when working with clients and other stakeholders
A conveyancer ensures that all documentation, contracts, and financial arrangements are for buying or selling a residential or commercial property or piece of land. They can do everything a solicitor can in a conveyancing transaction – they have the same legal authority to act.
AI can monitor all case management tickets and client interactions omnichannel to ensure practical communication skills, quality, and processes are followed.
Regulatory bodies like CLC in the UK regulate specialist conveyancing and probate lawyers to protect consumers and foster competition and innovation in legal services. It prescribes a code of conduct.
CLC has a new version of the Code of Conduct reflects the outcome of a 2022 consultation on updated Ethical Principles for CLC lawyers.
- Know each customer, treat them fairly, keep their money safe, and act in their best interests: AI can monitor to ensure financial inclusivity and individual customer requirements are paid attention to.
- Promote and support equality, diversity, and inclusion in practice and service delivery: AI can identify areas where the workforce requires more training to ensure consistency and high-quality standards
- Collaborate openly and truthfully to comply with regulators, ombudsman, and other legal professionals: AI can monitor customer concerns, complaints, and reviews to ensure the complaints are handled proactively and do not get escalated.